Senior Accountant (12066/1v)
||£45,000 to £55,000 + Benefits
||Attractive benefits including pension
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 + Benefits
We are a real modern-day success story, with premium No: 2 brands and one of the largest drinks producer and distributor in Europe. With our products sold in over 80 markets, we have something to shout about.
- Reporting to the Financial Controller and work within a team to prepare, develop and analyse key financial information. Carry out accurate bookkeeping and manage period end reporting process in SAP for Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss statement, Cash Flow, Intercompany.
- Full ownership of the monthly management accounts
- Working up to trial balance
- Post accruals/adjustments/other required journals to ensure the month-end results show the clear and fair picture
- Support audit work by providing timely and accurate data and report
- Proactively suggest improvements and take an active part in the implementation and in the follow up process.
- Preparation of VAT returns (outsourced at the beginning, potentially insourced at later stage)
- Bank reconciliations ensuring all postings and cash allocations are up to date
- Provide the required input into the monthly and quarterly group consolidation- report data to Global Corporate Finance for the purpose of external reporting under US GAAP and IFRS
- Must have FMCG experience
- Qualifications and/or Degree in accounting
- General knowledge and experience with SAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Audit experience is an advantage
- Challenging, enquiring mind, seeks to understand both the ‘how’ and the ‘why’
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be highly organised and efficient, able to manage own workload
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Have excellent communication skills, be able to speak to a range of people at all levels of management and both internal and external customers
- Have good presentation and explanation skills, in particular be able to explain accounting concepts to non-financial managers
- Be flexible and open to change in a growing organisation
- Be enthusiastic and hardworking, and keen to progress in a financial role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 12066/1
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.