Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Hertfordshire/ Enfield/ Harlow
Package: £28-32,000 + Benefits
The Company: A leading European food manufacturing company with a range of internationally recognised brands, with a global turnover of £2 Billion +
Supporting the Financial Controller with the day-to-day management of the financial activities of the Company, ensuring that all accounting operations run smoothly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare accruals, prepayments, reconciliations and ensuring integrity of data during the month end process.
- Generate Foreign Exchange report explaining gains/losses and highlighting risks or opportunities.
- Review of transactional data on key areas of TB.
- Prepare monthly VAT returns and report amounts to be recovered and intrastat submission.
- Control month end procedures e.g. GRIR, depreciation, fixed assets additions, WIP, FX restatements and review key control accounts.
- Process Credit Card Charges, & properly account for one off payments during the month.
- Monthly preparation of Overheads Report, review report with CFO, providing insight on key variances.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and coordination of the monthly process.
Core Processes and Controls
- Maintain integrity of ERP system, open/close periods, create new general ledger codes / cost centres etc
- Customer & Supplier set up on system, following processes to avoid fraud.
- Review of employee expenses to ensure compliance with company policies and that VAT is correctly claimed.
- Review of open Purchase Orders and unmatched invoices to minimise likelihood of unexpected hits to margin.
- Post current account cash to system (holiday cover of this task for Accounts Payable)
- Carry out regular bank reconciliations.
- Promote and support continuous improvement of processes and controls and ways of working.
Working Capital and Cash Management
- Develop clear understanding of daily cash position, highlighting potential risks or opportunities.
- Weekly preparation of cash forecast for the next 12 weeks to anticipate need for cash management.
- Liaise with factory project team on expected cash outflows for CAPEX spend.
- Work with Receivables and Payables to understand working capital cycle and as part of the team, help drive improvements.
- Working with Financial Controller, compare cash balance forecast to cash flow statements (actual and forecast).
- Aid FC / CFO with yearly cash flow budget.
Tax, Governance & Audit
- Monthly VAT return – UK and liaise with VAT consultants on VAT returns for other currencies / countries.
- HMRC Alcohol relief calculation and submission.
- Monthly calculation of PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA), ensuring appropriate accrual is made.
- Develop understanding of Corporation Tax computations by working with internal colleagues.
- Support Financial Controller in preparation for year end, and during the YE audit.
Must be studying towards a recognised professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA / CIMA.
Must possess 3 A levels (or equivalent) grades A-C
Works to deadlines and eager to highlight problems and solve them proactively
Able to build relationships and work cross functionally
Ability to understand processes and controls
Constantly looks for opportunities to improve ways of workings
Have a working knowledge and understanding of Accounting Standards;
Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting issues and techniques.
Financial accounts experience and experience of transactional processes, preferably in the FMCG sector.
Knowledge of SAP / other ERP systems
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/237
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details