Engineer – Nights (4 on 4 off) - (5046/52v)
||To £46,000 basic + Benefits
Engineer – Nights (4 on 4 off)
Based near Manchester
Package: To £46,000 basic+ Benefits
We have invested in a state of the art production site with a massive new product development programme to drive our turnover
Reporting to the Shift Manager you will be ensuring the smooth running of the factory by resolving breakdowns, delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance. Managing a number of shift technicians.
- Expected to supervise all maintenance across the factory;
- Ensure the team manage repair and maintenance effectively;
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery particularly at changeover;
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently.
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output;
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance;
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work;
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time;
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience;
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject;
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline;
- Exposure to metal detectors, mixers, multi-pond weighers and pack wrappers would be an advantage;
- Extensive experience in carrying out and analysing breakdowns;
- Health and Safety/Basic Food Hygiene trained ideal
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 5046/52
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.